OUR CORROSION SPECIFICATION SPECIALISTS
Customer satisfaction on projects from specification through completion of the job is the #1 objective of a Sherwin-Williams Corrosion Specification Specialist. These regionally-based field staff are certified by NACE International, the leading organization dedicated to protecting people, assets and the environment from the effects of corrosion.
NACE’s Coating Inspector Program (CIP) sets the standard internationally for inspections in the protective coatings industry and Sherwin-Williams requires this certification of our field staff. CIP graduates convert their comprehensive knowledge of corrosion control, paint inspection and project management into guidance into cost savings for owners, both short term and long term.
Some of our Corrosion Specification Specialists are further credentialed with certifications from the Society for Protective Coatings, including Protective Coatings Specialist, which focuses on project management and planning, economic analysis, and specification writing, and Concrete Coating Inspector.
Sherwin-Williams Corrosion Specification Specialists are available to:
- develop specifications and protective coating and lining recommendations for a variety of substrates
- work with installers to assure correct surface preparation and application of coatings
- conduct corrosion surveys and plant/facility evaluations in conjunction with your own plant personnel or consulting engineers
- offer training seminars for owners, engineering firms and professional associations in protective and marine coating application and surface preparation, and
- conduct field failure analysis via destructive and nondestructive testing.