Products by Category:
Zinc Clad XI, Inorganic
ZINC CLAD XI WATER BASED INORGANIC ZINC SILICATE COATING is a 2 package, high ratio, high zinc content coating for steel surfaces. It is designed for use in severely corrosive environments in the pH range of 5-9. It prevents corrosion of the underlying steel surface by providing cathodic sacrificial protection much the same as galvanizing. In addition, it forms an effective barrier against moisture, and self-heals to resume protection when damaged. The waterborne potassium silicate formula has no VOC and no flash point, which contributes to a user-friendly application environment meets Class B requirements for Slip Coefficient and Creep Resistance, .72.
For use over properly prepared blasted steel.
- As a one-coat system or as a primer for severely corrosive environments (pH range 5-9).
- Economical replacement for galvanizing with similar performance.
- Where abrasion resistance and hardness are required.
- Areas exposed to fresh and salt water.
- Areas exposed to brackish water.